Discover (90 minutes)
What will you do in this session?
- Sit down with a different pair of devs and discuss your idea (10 minutes each)
- Define a problem statement (10 minutes)
- Create user personas (15 minutes)
- Formulate questions that could be asked to the users (35 minutes)
- Use the questions from the previous step to create a user research script (20 minutes)
Things to remember when conducting Research
- User research is not “validation” or usability testing.
- Always introduce yourself and give context. WHAT are you conducting research for? WHY are you conducting research? HOW will their feedback help?
- Try NOT to ask leading questions! e.g. “Do you agree that our app is the most user-friendly and efficient solution in the market?”
- Try to keep your questions open-ended. e.g. “On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very unlikely and 10 is very likely, How likely are you to take a recommendation for a film from a friend”
- It’s OK to go off script and ask questions that go with the flow of the conversation.
- Remember to thank users for their time.